Sunday, January 10, 2010

Go See It

Cub Scouts call a field trip a "Go See It" and today my Den went to Centennial Heritage Museum. I was, unfortunately, an hour late and half an hour before the museum closed. My calendar was off and I'm not sure how it happened but it will not happen again, I'm determined to triple check everything now.
The museum was nice, what we saw of it. There's a small schoolroom, a dress up room for the kids to play in, a bathroom, kitchen, laundry set-up outside, a blacksmith shop, a hiking trail, and other fun sights. I plan on taking The Bambinos back during the summer so we can see all of it.

Pebbles tried on the dress-up.


The Angel and Pebbles enjoyed walking around.


And then there was this treasure. My grandmother had one just like it. I remember spending a lot of time playing on the lower pedal with my cousins. She never used it so far as I remember, but it was always there, always ready it seemed. I've always wondered what happened to it.




3 comments:

  1. My grandmother had a sewing machine just like that too....and now I have it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thin my grandma had one like that too! My fave is the first pic! I like the backlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel looks so cute in his uniform! The first pic is my favorite, I agree with Steph, the lighting is great.

    ReplyDelete