Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Morning

The Bambinos woke up screaming excitedly this morning. I was sure it was due to Sis' dog suddenly and unexpectedly being on our patio so we started a discussion on Jager and sleeping dogs. They looked at me like I had two heads! Jager was curled up in a corner of the patio and they couldn't even see him.

Instead they were fascinated by something so much more spectacular.

I wish I had something profound and eloquent to say about this sunrise. A new morning, new chances, new beginnings and all that. The clouds, seemingly on fire, reflecting my passion for... oh bother, I don't know.

Angel went back to school today. He's excited. I miss him.

The girls and I started home-preschool all over again. Several on again, off again attempts along the way but I'm determined to make it work this time. Pebbles starts kindergarten in the fall and while she's brilliant, she still has some skills to catch up on.

The new year, like the new day, the new hour, the new minute, brings fresh promises, different challenges, and a renewed hope for what may come next!


8 comments: