Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kids These Days

The Challenge theme today was "Kids These Days". It just so happened that my kids cooperated without knowing how well they were working in with my master plan to go crazy by saying "yes" to just one more thing!!

Today the girls and Nana and I cleaned the kitchen. I think the girls and Nana may have done more cleaning than me, but every job needs a good supervisor, right? Who else is going to make the crucial decision of whether or not to throw out the expired can of asparagus?

As it turns out, the girls LOVE to clean. To the point at which Pebbles perceived the order to stop cleaning and go out to play as some form of punishment.

Here's Pinky hard at work on one of the lower, just-her-size, cabinets.






Eventually Angel was home, naps were had, and the thoughts of blissfully cleaning the evening went away and they were back to being normal kids.

Yeah, I remember playing high-skilled computer games based on my favorite television shows when I was in preschool! What you don't?



But yeah, this is what the Bambinos do, in moderation, at the end of their day.

Right after riding bikes and playing in the sun and writing books and taking over the world and cleaning cabinets.


3 comments:

  1. What are they watching/playing? At least they are still and quiet, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they LIKE to clean?! They need to give Princess B a few lessons. Asking her to clean is always followed by a huge tantrum that results in more of a mess than when we started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val- It's a game from Playhouse Disney, My Friends Tigger and Pooh. Darby's Room something or other.

    Queen B- I know right? It's crazy how much they enjoy cleaning. Laundry not so much, today was a challenge for all of us. :(

    ReplyDelete