Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reflection

Another busy day kept me away from my camera until I realized I hadn't taken a picture. So today's theme was "Reflection". Most take that as a self-portrait taken in a mirror and being as tired as I was I didn't put any more thought into it. 





And then, being the good Disney-phile that I am, the song "Reflections" from Mulan came to mind without me having to even try. 

Who is that girl I see
Staring straight
Back at me?
Why is my reflection someone
I don't know?
Somehow I cannot hide
Who I am
Though I've tried
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?
 
And so here I am reflecting on that. I don't know who that is I see in the mirror these 
days. It's not the person I think it should be or the person I feel like most days. I don't 
know that those images will ever line up again. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Aww I like that song. Great pic and commentary =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's about how I felt about taking yesterday's photo! lol. I love that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, great post today. I have days where I too, don't quite recognize myself.

    ReplyDelete